Friday, July 17, 2009

What a week.

Last Saturday, July 11th, started out quite lovely with a bike ride and frolicking at the beach. The fun continued that night with improv at Upright Citizens Brigade and dinner at Birds for Chelsea's birthday. Then this happened:


A guy going 30-40 mph ran a red light and slammed right into us...I don't think he ever even hit the brakes. I saw it coming but couldn't process everything in time to warn Chelsea, the most I could get out was, "car" and then I braced myself for impact . A few seconds went by (felt like an eternity) with nothing happening and I honestly began to think, "maybe he'll miss us" and then BAM. I felt the whole side of the car caving in. I couldn't move at all for 20 to 30 seconds after because I hurt too much, which again was scary. Thank goodness for side air bags.

One of the cops teasingly said he spent $15,000.00 on his teeth (don't recall how this came up in conversation). I then accused him of vying for a spot on the next recruitment poster.

I then asked him if I could get in his back seat. What can I say his teeth were pretty brilliant and I can never pass up a photo op.

The night ended with Katie patiently waiting with me at Cedars Sinai. I left with a neck brace and prescriptions for vicodin, ibuprofen and a muscle relaxant. I really wanted to ask Katie to take a picture of me with my neck brace on but didn't want her to think I was a photo whore.

By the way, no worries everyone, I am fine. By now even my two chipped teeth have been taken care of.


The rest of this week has been spent at building a biplane, at doctors appointments and I started my massage class, which I loved.

I am exhausted.

5 comments:

Sara Ellis said...

Whoah. That guys blows worse that people who run red lights. I'm sorry you have to deal with him.

At least now, thanks to the internet, history shall forever remember him as "that douche bag that said crappy unwarranted things to Tiff."

AmyJune said...

Oh wow, I can't believe you didn't call me. I'm sorry!!!!!!!

johnny said...

ummmm...i hate everything about this post. except the part where you're ok. i hope you're not fibbing about that...

reneeebony said...

lets always have a 4 exclamation point minimum!!!! better yet lets aspire to be grown men who use more than one exclamation point in our "angry emails"!!!!!!

i think that's an attainable goal!!!!

Alysha said...

1. I would really like to punch him in the nose.

2. Can I try out your new massage skills?

tiffany jordan's shared items