Thursday, April 1, 2010

they call me a musical genius...

I am sitting here listening to this band:


Trying to decide if i like them or not. Their music is reminiscent of something but i can't quite put my finger on it. "Oh yes." I say to myself. "Classic Rock, kind of psychedelic but who exactly..." I ponder. "Not The Who. Cream? Yes more like Cream." 

I start to scan their myspace page and guess what I see?? 

Influences: Cream, Baby Grandmothers, CAN, Fabienne Delsol, John Lennon, The Shadows (HBM), The Mamas and The Papas, Kyuss (Homme in general), Love, NEU!, Colour Haze, AIR, Dungen, The Nazz (Rungren), Blue Cheer, Crosby Stills Nash and Young, Beck, The Doors, Gnarls Barkley, Steppenwolf, Jefferson Airplane, Massive Attack, Portishead, GZA/RZA/Wu-Tang, Jedi Mind Tricks, Cypress Hill, NAS, SELDA, oh SELDA...

Yes that's right the number one influence listed is CREAM. I am good ladies and gentlemen, I am good.

No comments:

tiffany jordan's shared items